Published: 02 October 2016
Institute is actively pursuing collaboration with leading universities and schools including: Free University of Brussels (Belgium), University of Colorado in Colorado Springs (USA), Maastricht University (Netherlands), University of Waikato (New Zealand) and others.
Institute performed many international projects and grants, including:
- 2-years educational grant from Switzerland National Scientific Fund (SNF) within the program of cooperation between Switzerland and Western European CountriesSCOPES IZ74Z0_160564 “Increase of the energetic security through Switzerland-Ukrainian-Estonian institutional partnership”, which is realized by consortium, which included Institute of Economics and Environment St Gallen University (Switzerland), Faculty of Economics and Business-Administration University of TartuBalatsky Institute FEM Sumy State University
The responsible researchers are Olga Prokopenko, Head of Management Department Olexandr Telizhenko, Associate Prof. Of Economic Theory Department Nadiya Kostyuchenko and Assistant of Management Department Denis Smolennikov.
- Ukrainian-Lithuanian project. "Development of institutional and economic basis for sustainable development and green economy forming at regional level for 2016-2017 years.
Comprehensive concept of "green" economy forming based on institutional foundations of socio-economic systems and feedback mechanisms with the maximum use of self-reproduction and its structural components.
The Ukrainian side is developing a methodology and tools of institutional and economic evaluation of sustainable development. Lithuanian scientists working on the financial aspects of sustainable development areas.
The responsible researchers are Dr. Melnyk Leonid and PhD Olena Shkarupa.
- Jean Monnet European grant"Using best EU practices for sustainable economy forming in Ukraine."
The program envisages the following courses (modules): “EU practices for sustainable economy implementation in Ukraine”; “EU practices of entrepreneurship and start-up organization: main lessons for Ukraine”; “Lessons of EU strategies for sustainable economy (SE) ensuring in Ukraine”; “EU institutes and values for sustainable economy implementation in Ukraine”.
The responsible researchers are Dr. Melnyk Leonid and PhD Iryna Dehtyarova.
- Jean Monnet module “EU trade opportunities and challenges for Ukraine” (EUTOU) 573581-EPP-1-2016-1-UAEPPJMO-MODULE (2016–2019)
The program envisages the following courses (modules): «European economy and EU trade policy», «Basics of European economy and EU trade policy», EU trade and Ukraine», «EU trade policy: experience from the Visegrad States».
The responsible teachers are Oleksandr Kubatko and Tetyana Pimonenko.
Grant and Scholarships
- Juliia Myroshnychenko(2018-2019, 9 month) – Vienna University of Economics and Business (Vienna, Austria).
- Tetyana Pimonenko(2018–2019, 2 month) – Riga Technical University (Riga, Latvia)
- Chygryn Olena(2017, 3 weeks) – the Institute of Energy and Resources (New Delhi, Republic of India)
- Tetyana Pimonenko(2018, 3 weeks) – the Institute of Energy and Resources (New Delhi, Republic of India)
- Olena Gryshchenko (2018, 1 month) – the National Institute of Labor Economics Research and Development (New Delhi, Republic of India)
- International projects and grants: NATO (Belgium, Greece), ICLEI - International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (Freiburg, Germany), British Council (UK), the Government of Flanders (Belgium), TACIS;
- Ukraine-Belgian projects;
- Ukraine and Belarus Projects;
- Projects by European Commission TEMPUS, with developing several training courses, “Network educational centers with modern management techniques” and open Sumy Regional Training Center for training of civil servants in the framework of the European Commission TEMPUS «ECESIS»;
- individual international grants and training for teachers and students in Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany, Belarus, Poland, Hungary.
Scientists of Instituteare members of the International Association of Institutional Research, and the International Association of Sustainable Development.
Each year Instituteorganizes international conferences, including: «Economics for Ecology», «Economics and Management Perspectives of Development», «Marketing of innovations and innovations in marketing», «International Strategy for Regional Economic Development», «Economic problems of sustainable development»
There is an International Research Center of socio-economic systems at FEM, foreign partners are regularly publishing their papers in our journals(Sumy State University Bulletin, Mechanism of economy regulation, Marketing and Innovation Management), monographs, collections of conference proceedings.